Job Title: Civil Litigation Barrister, Solicitor or Senior Paralegal
Position: Full Time (37.5 hours)
Experience: In practice for 4+ years
Salary: Competitive, depending on experience and ability
We have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Civil Litigation Barrister, Solicitor, or Senior Paralegal to build on their expertise and make a real difference in the lives of our clients, and to support the firm in a well-established, growing department. This position is based in our office in Hereford, but some remote working is considered.
- Representing and advising clients in Civil Litigation matters. Not limited to but including neighbour disputes, harassment injunctions, landlord & tenant claims, negligence, nuisance, adult social care, civil liberties & human rights, and similar;
- The successful applicant will work closely with the Managing Director & Solicitor, Michael Horne, as well as paralegals, secretaries, and other support staff;
- Providing advice to clients, in person and via telephone or video conference; and
- Drafting legal documents as well as reviewing documentation
- Establishing a compelling position for the client, using a complete and accurate understanding of the matter and litigation
The successful applicant will
- Be capable of working across the whole range of civil litigation disputes for clients;
- Provide a high quality, efficient and effective legal service, ensuring client satisfaction at all times;
- Achieve billing, time and fee earning targets set and co-operate with the firm’s credit control arrangements; and
- Continue to develop personal skills and experience within the department.
What we offer
- Competitive salary DOE;
- Support in continuing professional development and pursuing long-term career goals;
- A dynamic, client-driven work environment to apply skills where they’ll make the most difference;
- A purpose-built staff room and one-hour lunch breaks;
- Free on-site parking;
- Generous leave allowance; and
- Access to the firm’s private gym with showers and sauna
Outside of the office, our staff can be found out bowling, sailing, mountain biking, hosting seminars, or anything in between. Anything goes. Even piloting helicopters and airplanes.
Why Work for Kidwells
Kidwells Solicitors works to empower our clients, whether business or individuals. And that starts with empowering our staff. Our firm of lawyers and support staff enjoy a high quality of work, in an energetic and friendly environment where they can learn, evolve, and make a real difference in the lives of our clients.
Established in 2008, Kidwells Solicitors is a Law Society Lexcel accredited, dynamic law firm. Our clients value us for our efficient, honest, and proactive approach. We take the time to truly understand our clients and their needs. Our diversity, breadth of experience, and unique level of hands-on expertise are our greatest strengths, enabling us to provide a one-stop service for our clients.
Ultimately, our staff are part of a team that works with clients to build a better future, for themselves, their community, their family, or their business.
The successful applicant will be experienced in running a caseload, dealing with clients, and able to take the initiative in all tasks, applying a forensic approach to work. Strong communication skills both verbal and written and the ability to manage own time and maintain excellent organisational skills are required.